A special combination of whey protein, colostrum, DHA, dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals make up Harprot Protein Powder. It is a dietary supplement designed to give cancer sufferers extra protein. Multivitamins and minerals produce a significant quantity of energy and are necessary for healthy brain and muscle function.
Due to impaired immune function, increased risk of complications, and a poor impact on the quality of life for the patient, nutritional deficiencies are linked to adverse effects on cancer and the effectiveness of treatment. More than half of cancer patients experience appetite loss, muscle loss, and weight loss.
One of the main causes of cancer patients’ low nutritional state is malnutrition. Additionally, when a patient develops adverse effects, the need for nutritional supplementation increases.
Colostrum is extremely nutritious and contains more nutrients than regular milk. In particular, it’s higher in protein, fat, carbs, magnesium, B vitamins, and vitamins A, C, and E than cow’s milk.
Colostrum promotes growth and health in infants and newborn animals, but research shows that taking colostrum supplements may promote immunity, help fight infections, and improve gut health throughout life.
Colostrum claimed health benefits are mostly linked to specific protein compounds, which include:
- Lactoferrin. Lactoferrin is a protein involved in your body’s immune response to infections, including those caused by bacteria and viruses.
- Growth factors. Growth factors are hormones that stimulate growth. Bovine colostrum is especially high in two protein-based hormones, insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2, or IGF-1 and IGF-2 .
- Antibodies. Antibodies are proteins, also known as immunoglobulins, used by your immune system to fight bacteria and viruses. Colostrum is rich in the antibodies IgA, IgG, and IgM .
Docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, is a type of omega-3 fat.
Like the omega-3 fat , DHA is plentiful in oily fish, such as salmon and anchovies .
Your body can only make a small amount of DHA from other fatty acids, so you need to consume it directly from food or a supplement.
DHA may be more effective at increasing
your omega-3 index, decreasing triglycerides and improving your cholesterol profile.
- Higher intake of DHA has been linked to a lower risk of several
cancers, including colorectal, breast and prostate cancer. Preliminary studies suggest that DHA may improve chemotherapy benefits.
- Taking DHA supplements important for brain function, and higher omega-3 intake may reduce your risk of types of dementia like Alzheimer’s. It’s unclear whether DHA can slow Alzheimer’s progression, but success may be more likely if you begin supplementing early.
- DHA may support the proper functioning of your arteries, improve blood flow and lower blood pressure. This may help reduce heart attack and stroke risk.
- Children and adults with ADHD commonly have lower blood levels of DHA, which plays a key role in brain function. The majority of studies testing the effects of DHA supplements in children with ADHD have shown benefits to behavior or attention.
- Taking DHA supplements daily during pregnancy could significantly reduce your risk of early preterm birth.
- Taking DHA supplements improve certain eye conditions, including dry eyes and diabetic retinopathy. It may also decrease contact lens discomfort and reduce eye pressure, a risk factor for glaucoma.
Whey protein is among the best studied supplements in the world, for good reason. It has a very high nutritional value, and scientific studies have revealed numerous health benefits.
Whey protein is the protein from whey, the watery portion of milk that separates from the curds when making cheese. It is commonly used as a protein supplement.
Whey protein might improve the nutrient content of the diet and also have effects on the immune system.
It is a complete, high quality protein that contains all of the essential amino acids. In addition, it is very digestible, absorbed from your gut quickly compared with other types of protein.
These qualities make it one of the best dietary sources of protein available.
Whey proteins may lower blood pressure in people with elevated blood pressure. This is due to bioactive peptides called lactokinins.
Whey protein is effective at moderating blood sugar levels, especially when taken before or with high carb meals. It may be particularly useful for people with type 2 diabetes.
High doses of whey protein have been shown to reduce blood levels of C-reactive protein, indicating that it can help reduce inflammation.
Whey protein supplements may have beneficial effects on IBD.
Whey protein supplementation may strengthen the body’s antioxidant defenses by promoting the formation of glutathione, one of the body’s main antioxidants.
Long-term, high dose whey protein supplementation may lower cholesterol levels. The evidence is very limited at this point.
Whey protein is very satiating (filling), even more so than other types of protein. This makes it a useful addition to a weight loss diet.
Eating plenty of protein is a very effective way to lose weight, and some studies show that whey protein may have even greater effects than other types of protein.